program CO-Chairs - Evan walker & jarvis gray
The Program Chair provides programs of educational and professional development at each regular meeting for the enrichment of the membership. The Program Chair is responsible for determining the program content for all Georgia Association of Healthcare Executives (GAHE) meetings and makes arrangements for speakers for the program, notify the membership in advance of such programs and shall submits an event accounting report, including honoraria and other expenses incurred in such program presentations.
Responsibilities & Activities:
• Recruiting committee members and keeping them involved
• Planning relevant program opportunities from members request and timely topics
• Assisting committee volunteers with monthly program planning
• Communicating future programs to the President and Leadership Committee
• Working with other organizations on joint program opportunities (GHA, GA HIMS, GAHE, etc.)
Mgr, Business Operations
Membership Co-chairs - Greg Williams & LEA MASON
The Membership Chair recommends and implements strategies for enhancing NAHSE membership for the National and local Metro Atlanta Chapter. The Chair will continually evaluate current programming and services through member surveys to ensure our members’ needs are met. Develop member incentives and implement new strategies aimed at retaining members and recruiting new members.
Responsibilities & Activities:
• Member Satisfaction
• Member Advancement
• Membership Recruitment (to include Student initiatives aimed at increasing membership)
• Identify future committee leaders and develop successors for future committee opportunities
• Seek new opportunities to meet the needs of the local GAHE chapter members.
Student Liaison Committee
Tari Owi, MSc
Kennesaw State University
Student Liaison co-Chairs – nataliE robinson & Tari Owi
The Student Liaison Char assist the President and the Leadership Committee in promoting the vision, mission and values of NAHSE by reaching out to the local college and university students in the community, and facilitating an awareness of the local chapter to the student body.
Responsibilities / Expectations:
The Student Liaison Chair is expected to be well-informed about the policies, programs and services of NAHSE Metro Atlanta Chapter through active participation in these activities and to be visible and active in the college/university community.
• Provide advice and counsel regarding strategic communications and initiatives that impact student members, as requested.
• Reach out to members and non-members in the college/university community to encourage their participation in local chapter activities through NAHSE affiliation, advancement and chapter participation.
• Speak, or arrange for a local NAHSE chapter members/representative to speak to healthcare administration students of the value of Chapter affiliation as a Student Associate and as a Member.
• Solicit and encourage input from members and Chapter leaders on Chapter communications, newsletters, electronic bulletin boards and emails.
• Encourage and mentor potential committee members and candidates for Chair or Co-Chair positions.
Katina S. Smith, CPCS
Director of Compliance, Internal Verification
Ashley Barnes, MSA
Manager, Patient Access Operations
Communications Committee Co-Chairs - Katina S. Smith & ashley barnes
The Communications Liaison Committee assist the President and the Leadership Committee in promoting the vision, mission and values of NAHSE while helping to maintain membership engagement by keeping up-to-date information available via social media platforms, the local chapter site, and monthly distribution of the local chapter newsletter.
Public Policy Committee
D. Maria Bivins-Smith, PhD
public policy chair - D. Maria Bivins-Smith
The Public Policy Chair assists the National Organization, Local President and the Leadership Committee in promoting the vision, mission and values of NAHSE through public policy initiatives and advocacy through the local government in preparation for NAHSE’s visit to the Hill in 2019.